Friday, October 5, 2012

What's Happening in Writing?

In writing 5th grade is doing informational writing. Our topic is "Animals".

Everybody chose a topic.Who would think 5th grade had such big imagination! Somebody chose to research a cockroach! And somebody else researched an octopus!

Our steps were pretty easy. Take notes,draft,edit,and publish.We had the options to make a poster or simply write it on a new piece of paper. Most people chose poster.

We have learned a lot about animals. Did you know wolves can go for days without eating? Or that cockroaches don't have a backbone!?! And that Bird-eating spiders can grow up to the size of a dinner plate! I was pretty surprised at these facts.

Students already started with their poster. They are turning out awesome and colorful! Thanks to all teachers that helped!!!

By: Sofia C.

7 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see and read your posters. I know you are working hard and learning lots of freaky animal facts. Fiona told me that cockroaches chew from side to side instead of up and down like we do....weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sofia - This has been one of my favorite activities all year. I LOVE how the posters turned out! I'm going to try to hang them up on Sunday so that you guys can see how they all turned out on Tuesday :)

    -Ms. Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to stop by 5th grade and see what all you've learned. I had no idea that a spider could grow to the size of a dinner plate -- yikes! Good thing I'm not a bird...

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] Sofia wrote about 5th grade’s informational writing project on animals [...]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to come by and see the finished products. I always learn a lot from student research.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad im not a bird too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sofia, it sounds like you all are learning a ton of interesting facts about so many different animals. I really like how you all are sharing your fun facts with one another. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete