Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Clay Busts in Art!!!

In art we are working on really cool clay busts.

We have to show an emotion on the clay heads. It was a hard process but very fun! First we made our head and shoulders. Next we added eyes,ears,nose,and mouth. And by then the clay was not as smooth as the first day, but it was still useful. Lastly we added details on the face such as bow ties, glasses, hair, etc.

Mrs. Dean (our art teacher) will fire them very soon, and we'll be able to paint!

I'm thinking to paint my clay bust colorful! I bet they are going to turn out awesome. Can't wait to see!!!

- Sofia C.

5 comments:

  1. Sofia - First, I just love your clay heads project!! Second, I had no idea that Ms. Dean kept an art class blog and I found out when I clicked on your link (which you might have to teach me how to make!)

    Awesome post,
    Ms. Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check it out -- your clay busts are featured on the Art Blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER AWESOME
    Zumer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of all of my 5th grade artists. Each bust is wonderful - unique, well made and very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed making clay busts.
    - Hayyah

    ReplyDelete