Friday, October 5, 2012

Book Buddies!!!!!!!!!!!

Once a month we go visit our book buddies with  Mrs.Dunston's class in pre k.

We get to read with them and as they grow they will read with us! Sometimes it is a little challenging to keep their attention but it is still really fun!

I always LOVE to read picture books once and a while! Sometimes I will pick books that I used to read when I was little, but now when I pick out books for myself  I like to pick books that we have been learning about. For my book buddy I think the best ones are from their book shelf  because it is a book that they have been learning about!

I always love when it is time to go visit our book buddies!!!

-Camille F.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Camille, I think you all are doing a wonderful thing by sharing your love of reading with our preK students. They love to have the attention of older kids - it makes them feel so important! Think of how much they will learn just by listening to you read. Thanks for giving your time to others!
    Ms. Devaney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camille, you are such a great book buddy to our Pre - K friends. It will be so neat to see our book buddies gradually start to learn to read over this school year. I wish that we got to go more than once a month, but luckily we get to go THIS Tuesday!!! Hooray! :)

    -Ms. Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] Camille wrote about the experience of being book buddies with a PreK student [...]

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little boy, Traveler, loves it when your class visits. Thanks for sharing your love for reading with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, I cant wait to see them read too!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know Joseph (another blogger) loves to read with him too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the book buddy program! What a great way to share the love of reading, remember what it was like to be so young, and to anticipate being the older "kid" who gets to be the reader. It is also such a great way to build community within the school. The children in our class get so excited when they see their book buddy in the halls or on the play ground. Keep being that great role model that you are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Camille, I think the Book Buddy program is fantastic! I know that the Pre-K students look forward to seeing you coming each month---and it sounds like you all are excited to visit them! I would love to know, do you have the same "buddy" each time you meet?
    Keep up the great work! I am sure you and your buddy will benefit greatly from this fun activity each month :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes but not this year. I think it is a wonderful program too!

    ReplyDelete