Thursday, October 1, 2015

Starry Night

I am so pumped for our field trip to the Georgia Museum of Art, I feel like my head is going to explode! I can't wait to see some really good art! The thing I wan't to see is some Vincent Van Gogh's art work. My favorite of his art is Starry Night. I hope they have a copy there. Starry Night is my favorite because the technique he used really grabs my attention. He used swirly brush strokes to make the stars. Also the mountain to the left is really cool.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ea/Van_Gogh_-_Starry_Night_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg/757px-Van_Gogh_-_Starry_Night_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

2 comments:

  1. It's going to be a great field trip!! Starry Night is one of my favorites, too. I don't remember a copy at the GMOA, but there are lots of other really cool paintings! - Ms. Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tommy,

    I'm sad to say that you won't see Van Gogh's Starry Night when you go to the Georgia Museum of Art next week. It's in the Museum of Modern Art in New York - http://bit.ly/1RjP3Tb - I hope that one day we can go there together. :)

    One cool thing that you might see when you go to the Georgia Museum of Art is the sculptures of Alice Aycock. She displayed these outside in New York City and said that she "tried to visualize the movement of wind energy as it flowed up and down the Avenue creating random whirlpools . . . touching down here and there and sometimes forming dynamic three-dimensional massing of forms.”

    Let me know if you think they look like whirlpools. Some of her work reminds me of some of the things you and Simon made from paper years ago.

    ReplyDelete