Thursday, November 19, 2015

Ellis Island Simulation

This week we found out who we will be in the Ellis Island Simulation. I am from Germany. My name is Elsa Gottschalk. My dad is one of our fellow bloggers, Tommy. Ellis Island is a place where immigrants from the European countries came to America. Angel Island is where the Asian immigrants went to which is on the west coast.

Many Germans left Germany for many reasons.

  • To have a new life in the U.S. 
  • To see other family members in the U.S.
  • To find jobs, money, and success in the U.S.
  • To avoid being pushed to be into the German military.
  • To escape religious discrimination.  
I can see why they left Germany! I am really happy to see what Ellis Island is like.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a6/Ellis_Island_in_1905.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/33/USA-NYC-Ellis_Island_crop.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bestie, Love at your school your doing fun stuff. The Ellis Island Simulation sounds fun. I know you like to learn about history. You are a really good writer too. :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete