Thursday, November 19, 2015

Ellis Island

For our Ellis Island simulation I am a German immigrant butcher and have a family of  4. One of my children is a blogger in the same room as I type (Frenya). I cannot believe I do not have another boy in the family! I mean, it is not bad that I don't have a boy, but I wanted one to take over my job every once and a while so that I can get some rest, you know? Some Germans came to escape religious discrimination and some came to find a better life in the US. I am really looking forward to the Ellis Island simulation.

1024px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png (1024×614)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/ba/Flag_of_Germany.svg/1024px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png

1 comment:

  1. My goodness Tommy, way to get into character! You know, your Oma is the original immigrant in our family. You should ask her about her experience of coming to America for the first time. She had it easy compared to those who immigrated then since she was married to an US citizen.

    ReplyDelete