Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Spelling Bee!!!

On Monday,December 17, we had a class spelling bee. It was very awkward at the moment of the spelling bee, because everybody was very nervous.


We had to start off by saying the word, and then spelling, then confirming the word again. Some people had a hard time on that.


I missed on the word “costume”. I knew how to spell it but I totally forgot at the moment.
The three finalists were Paulina,Josie,and Brandon in Mrs.Thompson’s class, Katie Grace, Beatrice, and Amber in Mrs.Wilcox’s class. CONGRATS TO THEM!!!

I’m glad we did this because its very fun!!! Its more about the fun than the winning!


Sofia C. + Chandler P.

3 comments:

  1. Great post, Sofia! I love that you are such a good sport. And congrats to all the class winners. We can look forward to a fun competition at the school-level bee on January 24th!

    - Mrs. Hudson

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how words can play tricks in our mind's eye.
    I like how you describe the spelling bee. I think you're right that the formality around it can feel awkward..........and tense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] I guess everyone knows that the spelling bee was on Thursday.The students from 5th grade who made it to the spelling bee were [...]

    ReplyDelete