Thursday, February 23, 2017

Dr. Seuss!

Hi! It's me Lilly again, and I'm posting about Dr. Seuss comics! Something really cool I found out about in library today is that Dr. Seuss did political comics in a newspaper that no longer exists called PM! If you thought that he just wrote/illustrated children's books, you're wrong! Also, Dr. Seuss' books had messages related to things happening in the '40s! In The Sneetches, Dr. Seuss was actually writing about segregation! The Butter Battle Book, is about the Cold War! The Lorax is about the environment, and Horton Hears a Who is about how you should protect people, even if they're different, and especially if they can't protect themselves!


https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3718/13517562993_fe977466aa_b.jpg

I think it's really cool how almost everything Dr. Seuss wrote was more than just silliness! I already thought that he was amazing, but now I think he was even more amazing! I'm going to put up a few of his political comics now, but that's about it otherwise. Bye!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Dr_Seuss_and_the_wolf_chewed_up_the_children.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment