Thursday, January 19, 2017

MLK DAY!!!!!

This past Monday was Martin Luther King Day. I hope you all had a great one too. His actual birthday was Sunday but we celebrate it on Monday. Did you know that also it would have been his 88th birthday? This MLK Day I went to the King center in Atlanta and got to see the eternal flame and the memorial and his and Coretta's burial place in the reflecting pool. This is what it looks like:
  
Image result for martin luther king jr national historic site
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kenlund/6120142039
And speaking of freedom and equal rights, there will be buses taking people to Washington D.C this Friday to march for women's rights and there will be a smaller one in Atlanta starting at City Hall. I also know that there will be TONS of people and I know that a lot of people from this school will be going too but I can't. But back to Martin Luther King I think that whether or not it is MLK Day, we should always keep his dreams alive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment