Thursday, February 6, 2014

Writing Class -Cassius T.

In the 5th grade writing class we have to write from  a prompt given to our class from previous years.  In my opinion, the prompts are not detailed enough so you have a very vague idea of how your story will roll.  We get the prompts by voting on opinion writing, narrative writing, or informational writing.

We also have a very limited time period to pre-write, draft, edit, and publish.  Probably my LEAST favorite part of writing is pre-writing.  It's just kinda boring in many cases like having to add more and more detail into pre-writing when you  do not have  fully developed idea of your story, letter, or essay.

Most everything else in writing is fine.  I like writing because  I think it is important in life and is a good life skill to have. I am glad we have writing class because it can help me do the things I want to do.  Really the only problem I have with it is the very stressful time period to work and publish.  It is also very stressful to think about the writing test in which you have no teacher help and you have to write an entire two week prompt into two hours.  Overall I think that writing class is very important to have and I enjoy having a great school that can help me later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment